Peer Rope Helsinki - on some Fridays
During corona time peer rope is held more seldom. Coming dates of September and October are 25.9, 2.10, 16.10 and 30.10. November dates will be published later.
- Registration for peer rope is mandatory. There is 10 spots for tying and 2 shifts during the evening. You can sign up for one or both shifts. Registration is free and payment will be done at the event. Registration opens one week before, you can find it here https://helsinkishibari.tapahtumiin.fi/en/
- Registration is done with an existing tying buddy or alone if you are tying yourself. Finding tying partners at peer rope is not possible at the moment. When booking a place for peer rope it includes you both if you come with a partner (so no need to book two separate ones).
- Bring your own ropes, other equipment and a blanket or similar to tie on top of. Peer rope provides suspension rings, but bringing your own is safer.
- Wash your hands often and well. We will desinfect door handles etc. Wearing masks is recommended when not tying or sitting down if keeping a safety distance is not possible. Keep a safety distance of at least 1,5 meters to other participants.
- Don't come to peer rope if you feel unwell.
PEER ROPE IS CANCELED DUE TO COVID19 UNTIL AT LEAST THE END OF MARCH
Spring 2020 season 10.1.-22.5. Learn and get inspired in Peer Rope!
Peer Rope is organized every Friday from 7 pm to 11 pm at Eskus (Sali I), Puhdistamo, Suvilahti, Helsinki. It's a relaxed peer learning space where we learn from each other.
- No registration needed
- You can attend once, sometimes or every week
- We have rope to borrow
- You can attend regardless of experience level
- You can hang out, have a coffee or tea and chat with people if you don't feel like tying
To ensure a safer space, we ask you to be on time. We will close the doors when the starting circle starts at 19.05 and will open them again after the introductions have been done.
Peer rope has a secret Facebook group. After you have attended your first Peer Rope send a message to the Helsinki Shibari organizer Ceci Ferox on Facebook to be a part of the group. If you have a friend already in the group, they can add you.
Are you a newbie?
Welcome to our colorful group! You can attend Peer Rope at any time. We also organize introductory classes before Peer Rope every ~3 weeks. The price of admission includes both the introductory class and Peer Rope.
You can always attend Peer Rope alone and find new friends when you get there. If you feel socially awkward, like many of us do, it's totally ok to bring someone you already know with you.
Introductory classes are held before Peer Rope at 5.30 pm to 6.30 pm
- Friday 17.1. Using the rope: We get familiar with rope as a medium for connecting with another person
- Friday 7.2. Moving the body: We explore the body and movement in ropes
- Friday 28.2. Making a tie: We will look at the possibilities of the single column tie
- Friday 20.3. Using the rope
- Friday 10.4.. Moving the body
- Friday 1.5. Making a tie
- Friday 15.5. Moving the body
One admission: 5 €
5 times card: 20 €
10 times card: 35 €
The proceedings go to arranging Peer Rope and covering the rent of the space. All organizers are volunteers.
22.5. Summer party - end of season
About photography and drawing nights
Photo & Drawing nights spring 2020: 24.1., 21.2., 20.3., 17.4. and 15.5.
On photo and drawing nights you're allowed to document your rope practice for your own needs, artistic purposes or the social media (tag #peerropehelsinki and @helsinkishibari! <3). Visual documentation is not allowed on other nights inside the practice room. Always ask for consent before taking a picture or making a drawing of a person or their belongings.
Are you a photograper or an artist interested in doing that artsy stuff at peer rope and document other people's rope journey? Contact us so we can let people know in advance.
Code of conduct
Peer Rope Helsinki is a safer space.
This is a safer space for all genders, sexualities, backgrounds, bodies, abilities and roles. Don’t assume others’ identity or history. Racist, sexist, homophobic or other oppressive behavior is not ok.
Respect others’ intimacy, personal space, boundaries, and closets. Don’t talk about who you saw doing what at the event.
Ask before touching people or their things.
Give people space when they are negotiating, playing, and doing aftercare.
- No genital play, crotch rope is ok. We encourage all kinds of other play.
Photography is not allowed except on photo theme nights. Anyone has the right to voice their disagreement with taking photos in a space they are in. Only people who have consented to being in a picture should be visible in the picture.
Don’t drink (or use drugs) and tie.
If something doesn’t feel right, please speak up. Help eachother whenever needed. If you see something that looks dangerous, contact a staff member.
Share knowledge and get inspired!
Not following the code of conduct leads to: 1) a warning and a discussion, if continued 2) removing from the space and discussion, if continued 3) banning from the space.
The organizers of Peer Rope Helsinki have the right to change the code of conduct between gatherings. Organizers have the right to decide on additional penalties for not following the code of conduct when necessary.